Mysticism, occultism, ritual and religious aura, all this is personified by the techno representative from Barcelona Vendex.
He has his own unique style, at the junction of industrial, dark, acid in an eclectic set of hard bpm versions.
His philosophy enveloped him in a cloak of darkness, what represents the vengeance, the guide, the death, the suffering… All of it forms his image: the hood, masks, the crown of thorns.
Influenced by the literature of Dante Alighieri (Divine Comedy), as well as everything related to history, Vendex comes with the intention of creating a path to an inner journey wrapped in dark melodies, blunt and sharp bass that defy the natural, reaching supernatural sounds that feel like the sound of the underworld. Generating sounds that guide the Dante`s idea of a trip to the underworld with the aim of reaching paradise. All this through a forceful and enveloping sound, this creating a path to the nine levels of hell, purgatory and finally reaching the paradise.
Techno blogger Olga Godina met Vendex to talk more about his style and musical philosophy.
1. Vendex, thank you for the interview, your image is truly unique for the techno scene. How did the formation of you as a musician begin?
First of all, thanks to you for the invitation Olga, everything starts when I was in a Deathcore, metalcore band as a singer, later I started to listen electronic music, discovering Drum and Bass, Electro, Dubstep, and many more genres. But always I feel it empty until when I discovered the industrial techno connecting very well with my metal world.
When did the idea to link magic rituals, religion and music come up? As a metalhead and a freaky always I love this thematic, in other hand my passion is the History, even I have a degree of history
2. You are one of the most prolific techno musicians in terms of creativity, you have several releases a week and it is colossal. How do you have enough energy for everything? Is there anything that inspires you during the creation and encourages you to take further steps?
Literally creating is my drug I can’t stop, and yes is the things I love, like literature, cinema, history, all the types of art, etc… the main inspirations for me are two writers, Dante Alighieri and H.P Lovecraft and many painters.
3. Do you have any magical rituals that you perform, how superstitious are you?
Yes, and very superstitious. I can’t tell the rituals because it can break the magic.
4. What is an indicator of a good party for you? Can you think of a few examples that you particularly liked from the performances?
When the people became demons and forget the reality, mmm some of the Unlocked Partys, Monasterio, the hole Colombian tour and Svora in Odessa.
5. Why Vendex? How did the idea of the name come about and what does it mean?
For V of Vendetta is my referent, I always thinks going against the system and the idea it was to combine Vendetta (Vengeance) with the EX use it for the past like ex-work, ex-girlfriend etc… Creating together Vendex and symbolize the Vengeance of the past, the vengeance of the all souls who suffer in the past.
6. You were influenced by Dax J, Parallx, I Hate Models, Scalameriya, Ancient Methods, Tommy Four Seven or Setaoc Mass. Which of the young underground representatives could you name, whom did you pay attention to over the past year?
Fractions, Amstra, Exil der Schatten, REVM, Analect, Wanton, Kara, 1X1X, BSLS, CARAVEL, Krl Mx and many more.
7. What is your mission, what do you want to convey with your creativity?
My mission is creating something unique, something new, a Lore, something with full of art not only music. And the most important thing, culturalize the people not only in a musical way, in history, art, literature, occult magic, etc…
8. You have big variety of video clips for the music, how do you get ideas for creating new? You work in a team, who are your main partners?
As always about my personal tests, of videogames, films, animes, mangas, literature etc… and no I work alone.
9. What do you dream about and what do you do to fulfill your desires?
Bring my concept around the world creating a unique movement and transform this society to something more beautiful. My dream is to became something like the metal band Behemoth in the Techno scene.
10. How is your 2021 year going? Where can we hear you soon?
Is going unreal, I can’t believe all. Berlin, Prague, and Barcelona and soon many more cities that my Necromancy will arrive and conquer it.
11. Could you share your plans for the near future, what we can expect next? Top secret but big plans very big plans.